The installation of the fire truck and the ambulance that has been destroyed during the war in Ukraine keeps traveling around Europe. From 2 to 9 February 2023, it took place in front of the European Parliament in Brussels, Belgium, at the heart of EU diplomacy,
The installation reminded parliamentarians that the war in Ukraine was still on and that Ukrainians had been waiting for decisive actions. Before these rescue vehicles were delivered to Brussels, they had been installed in Luxembourg, Esch-Sur-Alzette (Luxembourg), Metz (France), and Strasbourg (France).
These vehicles were delivered from Ukraine by volunteers of LUkraine asbl within a framework of the campaign Ukraine is Calling campaign. With the help of our friends and partners from Promote Ukraine (https://www.promoteukraine.org), a Brussels-based civil society platform, and a winner of the European Citizen Award 2022, they were installed in Brussels.
The official installation opening was attended by the following authorities:
- Marc Angel, Vice-President of the European Parliament
- Othmar Karas, First Vice-President of the European Parliament
- Nataliia Anoshyna, Chargé d’Affaires, Embassy of Ukraine in the Kingdom of Belgium
- Christophe Hansen, Quaestor & Member of the European Parliament from Luxembourg
- Tilly Metz, Member of the European Parliament from Luxembourg
- Isabel Wiseler-Lima, Member of the European Parliament from LuxembourgAnne Calteux, Head of Representation of the Commission européenne au Luxembourg
- Vitalii Pushkin Rusanov, Advisor to the Head of Kharkiv Regional Military Administration
We deeply appreciate our partners’ support in LUkraine’s activities and all the effort they have put into Ukraine’s resistance. Together we will reach victory!